Send an electronic message to the President
Before sending a message to the President via electronic form, make sure you read the following information.
1. Messages sent in electronic form to the official presidential website are sent first to the Presidential Directorate for Correspondence from Citizens and Organisations.
2. Before sending a message in electronic form, you must fill out the form correctly.
3. A reply to your message or a notification about your message having been forwarded will be sent to the email address you have provided.
4. In the text box you should set out the substance of your proposal, statement or complaint in accordance with Article 7 of the Federal Law 59-FZ of May 2, 2006, On Procedures for Examining Appeals and Addresses from Citizens of the Russian Federation.
If it is impossible to determine the substance of your proposal, statement or complaint from the text, no reply will be given and your message will not be forwarded for consideration by a competent government body, local government body or official, of which you will be notified within seven days of the receipt of your message.
You can keep your electronic text for personal archive use by saving it as a file on your hard disk or other electronic media immediately after sending the text and receiving a corresponding notification by clicking “Save text in electronic form in file format *.docx”.
Texts in electronic form, typed and sent via the Personal Account information resource are saved and displayed in your Personal Account.
To ensure information security of the presidential website’s Message section, protection against virus infiltration is enabled when entering text of messages in the box provided.
5. To support your claim or statement, you may attach documents and materials in an electronic format.
You can attach the necessary electronic documents or materials in any order as two separate attachments of non-archived files (file attachments) in either of the two accepted format types:
For text (graphic) format: txt, doc, docx, rtf, xls, xlsx, pps, ppt, pub, pdf, jpg, bmp, png, tif, gif, pcx, odf;
For audio (video) format: mp3, wma, avi, mp4, mkv, wmv, mov, flv.
The Presidential Executive Office’s information systems do not handle other formats.
Guaranteed transfer of the attached file(s) to the mail server depend on the user’s internet connection, and receipt depends on the size of the attachments the mail server can process.
Users should ensure they have an internet connection using ADSL, 3G, 4G, Wi-Fi or other technology offering equivalent speed transfer and processing of files of the following size:
· Up to 5 MB — usually without any delay;
· From 5 MB to 10 MB – delays are possible;
· More than 10 MB – transfer or processing might fail.
6. No response will be given to correspondence that, in the box provided for sending electronic messages, does not set out the substance of a proposal, statement or complaint, but only gives a link to an attached file or to internet site content setting out the relevant substance.
7. Please note the procedures for examining certain types of correspondence set out in Article 11 of the Federal Law 59-FZ of May 2, 2006, On Procedures for Examining Appeals and Addresses from Citizens of the Russian Federation.
8. When sending messages concerning complaints against court decisions, please keep the following points in mind:
Under the Russian Federation Constitution, the courts alone are responsible for dispensing justice in Russia. The judicial system is an independent branch of power, acting independently from the legislative and executive branches. Court decisions can be appealed via the procedures set by law.
9. If your message contains a question concerning the interests of the public at large that has been answered on this website, within seven days of the receipt of your message you will be sent the URL of the page “Answers to inquiries concerning the interests of the public at large”, which contains the answer to your question.
10. Users’ personal data sent in electronic form is stored and processed in accordance with Russian legislation on personal data.
11. After logging in to your Personal Account, you can view chronological updates on the status of your messages to the President and the Presidential Executive Office or requests regarding the President’s and Presidential Executive Office’s work, sent via your Personal Account.
From the moment you register your Personal Account, information on each message or request sent via your Personal Account is stored in the Messages section on the official presidential website.
12. Since December 12, 2012, a system is in operation that informs users of the results of consideration of their messages on the sites of the federal and regional authorities or the particular government bodies to which they were sent for examination.
You can open the relevant site from your Personal Account via a special link (if available).
13. You can view the site on various devices, including smartphones, tablets, and wide-format screens. If your browser window is more than 1,570 pixels wide, you can read the website materials while at the same time being able to navigate on the page from which you were redirected to the selected publication.
The postal address for correspondence is: 23, Ulitsa Ilyinka, 103132, Moscow, Russia.